Do you prefer a tasty, delicious fruity vape? Or are you chasing those enormous clouds of vapour? Does a super smooth vape make you happy? Or do you still want that excellent throat sensation that reminds you of cigarettes? Whatever characteristic you prioritise in your vape, there may be an e-liquid available that is more suited to the way you vape and what you want from vaping. Many people have successfully transitioned from smoking cigarettes to vaping but don’t have the information to maximise their enjoyment; let’s rectify that with some excellent details on e-liquid.
What’s In My E-liquid?
E-Juice, vape liquid and e-cig juice are all different monikers for the viscous liquid that vapers fill their vaping devices with, and it consists of four main components, which we’ll look at now. These primary ingredients are as follows –
- Propylene Glycol (PG) – is an organic compound used in the food and medicine industries; it is a naturally thinner liquid than its counterpart and ideal as a flavour carrier. E-liquids with higher levels of PG have a superb flavour and perform well in starter vape devices such as vape pens or pods.
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG) – this clear liquid with no odour is derived from soy or palm oil and used in cosmetics and foodstuffs. As a thicker substance, e-liquids with a higher VG content are designed for use in more advanced vape devices with a sub-ohm coil; the outcome is massive vapour clouds.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in e-liquid will be one of two different types; Freebase nicotine is the more traditional type developed using a chemical process by tobacco producers over 60 years ago. A newer product, Nic Salt or Salt nic, is nicotine refined utilising a method with no harsh chemicals, e-liquids using Nic salt deliver a smoother vape to the user.
- Food-Based Flavourings – these ingredients are the standard flavours used in the food industry for many items.
As we can see, each ingredient has characteristics that lend themselves to certain aspects of delivering a superb vape. Regular e-liquid used by many vapers is a good all-rounder with PG and VG mixed at an even 50/50 ratio. Still, vape liquids are available mixed to specific vaping styles.
As we have mentioned, to produce e-liquids for specific vaping methods, two different types of e-liquid are available to the vaper. These differently combined vape juice are known by their mix ratios, as follows –
- 80/20 – this is mixed at an 80% PG 20% VG ratio and delivers excellent flavour and a great throat hit at the expense of vapour production.
- 70/30 – as a direct opposite, it has a more effective VG content to deliver a smooth vape with significantly larger vapour clouds when exhaled.
The e-liquid with a higher VG content would require the vaper to upgrade their vape to a more advanced device with a sub-ohm coil for best results.
So, there we are whatever characteristics you prefer from your vape, there may be an e-liquid more suitable for you; give them a try; it may improve your vaping experience.